TDCJ Weddings

Texas Prison Weddings

Attention: Agreed upon fees must be paid in full at least 1 week in advance of wedding or your ceremony will be rescheduled.


  1. Obtain Marriage License asap upon approval

  2. Make sure your Unit Chaplain is aware

  3. Wedding Rings cannot be exchanged

  4. No one else is allowed inside unit

  5. You must notify Roman Express Mobile Officiant immediately upon receiving date from unit Chaplain

  6. Your Wedding ceremony officiate is LaTrice Roman.

The fee is per unit. Anything over 175 miles from my home does have a hotel room included in the fee. I have NO hidden costs. YOU must get and pay for the marriage license at the county clerk no later that 72 hours before the ceremony.

Ready to get married? Steps to Getting Married.

  1. The non-incarcerated spouse will need to go to their local county clerk’s office & obtain an “affidavit for an absent applicant for a marriage license”. Send this to your soon-to-be spouse.

  2. Your soon-to-be spouse will need to submit an I-60 request to the unit’s Access to Courts (ATC)/Law Library Supervisor to obtain a photocopy of his Inmate TDCJ ID card. Upon the funds 10 cents) being deducted from his Inmate trust fund account, he will need to take the “affidavit for an absent applicant for a marriage license” & place them in the mail to the intended non-incarcerated spouse.

  3. The non-incarcerated spouse will then take the completed “affidavit of absent applicant for marriage license” & the photocopy of the Inmate’s ID card to their local county clerk. The county clerk will provide the intended spouse an “application for marriage license”. The intended spouse will complete the “application for marriage license” & pay any fees associated to said license. The county clerk will then issue the intended spouse a marriage license.

  4. The non-incarcerated spouse will arrange for an “officiant” & pay the “officiant” any fees.

  5. The “officiant’ will need to complete the “application of person requesting to perform a marriage” (AD-03.42, attachment A) & fax it (936-437-4823) to the Access to Courts n Huntsville.

  6. Upon the “Officiants” application being approved. The intended spouse will need to notify the Inmate of the name of the “officiant”. The Inmate will need to submit an I-60 request to the ATC/Law Library Supervisor noting the “officiants” name & the intended spouse’s name.

  7. Upon the Warden’s approval, the unit’s chaplain will notify the intended non-incarcerated spouse of the date the ceremony will be conducted.

  8. The non-incarcerated spouse will notify the “officiant” of the date of the ceremony & both will appear at the unit at the designated date & time.

  9. The non-incarcerated spouse & officiant’s attire shall comply with the TDCJ Inmate Rules & Regulations for Visitation.

  10. Upon completion of the ceremony, The non-incarcerated spouse & ‘”officiant” shall immediately leave the TDCJ premises.

  11. The “officiant” shall complete the marriage license & return it to the county clerk for filing.